Glueing coral to rock??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

huma-huma

Aquarium Advice Addict
Recently was given a few coral frags from a friend. Theres a total of 5 but 2 of them arent attached to a frag plug or piece of rock. Those two are a green acropora and a chalice (cant remember which one right this second) my question is can i glue these two to a small piece of rock? The acro has its base trunk but o wasnt sure if glue would harm it. Same goes with the chalice.

Superglue and crazyglue are both cyanoacrylic glues. WAYYY cheaper that speciality LFS glue that is exactly the same.

is this safe? i can't find the ingredients on this epoxy, plus it does say "not suitable for.....prolonged immersion in water"

img_2687531_0_37704b10be3b3961f6e5e1d4c70783f9.jpg

img_2687531_1_15017d849a7d49a625c486823f846094.jpg

i also have some super glues by Scotch, except that the ingredients are: ethyl cyanoacrylate and hydroquinone. is this super glue safe?

i also have some super glues by Scotch, except that the ingredients are: ethyl cyanoacrylate and hydroquinone. is this super glue safe?

Looks like same ingredients as super glue. Should be fine to use. Don't use the epoxy however.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom