glut / excel and Marino mossballs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MMantelli

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am considering getting a couple marimo mossballs. One for my shrimp tank and one for my planted tank. I know finally right but there's a problem. I use excel in my shrimp tank and am making the switch from diy co2 to glut in my other tank soon or at least use it as a suppliment. Well if I was informed correctly marimo moss balls are algae right? Glut like co2 fights algae right? So is there a problem with having moss balls in a tank while dosing glout diluted to excel strength at the ratio of 1ml/10g? I would really like a moss ball bit am not going to waste the money on one if my tanks fert regimen is just going to kill it.

Thank You.

Last edited:
Aren't Marino moss balls moss?? Anyway, I dose glut at almost 1.5ml/gallon and mine do fine, I would think yours will do fine as well

I'm not sure exactly that's why I'm asking. And you dose that much? Or did u mean 1.5ml/10g

Haha whoops yes definitely meant per 10 gallons.
So I just did a quick google search and most people on all the forums believe it to be a type of algae, still mine have done great in my tanks, I've switched them around a time or two

Ok cool cause I'm about to order 2 from someone on here. And they do good in all types of light correct. My shrimp tank is lit by a t5no aqueon strip from about 12-15" away (i have it hanging off my 55 over my 10) and my other tank is med lighting. Thanks for help btw. I think imma go-ahead a place the order.

Also they were taken apart for guppy fry. They were tied back into a ball with fishing line about a bonth ago do you think that's long enough for them to come back together or should I wait awhile after I receive them to un-tie them?

So far so good and I dose double glut in the tank there in. There not growing at all but there not dying either.

Back
Top Bottom