Goby/gudgeon with shrimp?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Orlon11

Aquarium Advice Regular
Has anyone kept a peacock gudgeon or bumblebee goby with cherry shrimp?

I know they will eat some of the babies, but would they bother the older shrimp?

Has anyone kept a peacock gudgeon or bumblebee goby with cherry shrimp?

I know they will eat some of the babies, but would they bother the older shrimp?

I currently have a peacock gudgeon. I've also kept shrimp in the same tank. Peacocks are very peaceful and should not bother the shrimp. Also bumblebee gobies are brackish not freshwater, so if you're looking to house them with cherry shrimp, I would recommend housing them in a brackish set up.

I currently have a peacock gudgeon. I've also kept shrimp in the same tank. Peacocks are very peaceful and should not bother the shrimp. Also bumblebee gobies are brackish not freshwater, so if you're looking to house them with cherry shrimp, I would recommend housing them in a brackish set up.

there are also freshwater bumblebee gobies that exist not just brackish. the bumblebee would be ok but i feel like the peacock gudgeon would make a meal of most shrimp. you would notice it if you have a small group but if you have a large breeding colony then it would be hard to notice unless you see it.

Bumblebee gobies are territorial by nature so while they might not eat the shrimp, they may chase or harass the adults.

Either fish can and will eat any shrimp that they can fit in their mouths, the everyday tempement of the fish has nothing to do with the instinct to feed especially if the tankmates are something they would eat in the wild.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom