Goby?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mudzie

Aquarium Advice Freak
Can someone identify this fish? Any info, hardy, good eaters, not jumpers etc..
Thanks

image-1961831230.jpg

Mudzie said:
Can someone identify this fish? Any info, hardy, good eaters, not jumpers etc..
Thanks

Looks like a green dragonet/gobie. Very hard to feed, eats mostly live foods and lots of it (pods)! Most of them will starve in a home aquarium, that's why I haven't gotten one. Carey and a few other people on here can give you more info about them.

Ok thanks for the info, im thinking of later adding one more fish to 75gal reef but like hardy fish, good eater and one that might not be as prone to jump. Lost a six line wrasse that way,really liked that fish.
In tank now.
1 clown
1 flame angel
3 pj cardinals
1 kole tang
I know i should be satisfied with what i have, but thought just 1 mooore??? Any sugestions on something that would cause the least amount of stress. Thanks

Maybe a one spot fox lo... I have a green dragonet and it took months of seeding pods to even get it. It's eating pellets now.

Check out the yellow watchman goby, they stay at the bottom of the tank, easy to feed and very comical to watch! :)

ocean said:
Check out the yellow watchman goby, they stay at the bottom of the tank, easy to feed and very comical to watch! :)

+1 or a starry blennie.

How about a midas blenny? Active and colorful!

I have a red ORA mandarin and a scooter dragonet, both are on prepared foods but it took about a month for each one to switch over. I was lucky I had enough pods that they didnt starve. Beautiful fish though, stunning....but worth the extra work?....that all depends on the person keeping one.

Kio707 said:
Maybe a one spot fox lo... I have a green dragonet and it took months of seeding pods to even get it. It's eating pellets now.

How did you get him on pellets I am worried about having to seed pods to sustain his large appetite

Reeffanman said:
How did you get him on pellets I am worried about having to seed pods to sustain his large appetite

Got lucky. Had plenty of pods, but he took to the pellets. Only fish that I never could get on pellets was the anthias.

Back
Top Bottom