GOING CRAZY trying to find a light >11 w for my cube tank. Help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kindafishy

Aquarium Advice Activist
My aquarium, 40 cm (=16 inch) cube (64 liters / 17 g), comes with an 11W light fixture . This is what I have :

Eheim MP Scubacube 40 - 1x11watt Capacity 65 Liters Color Wenge Full Support

11watts per 17 gallons is not enough light for plant growth in my book, but I am having NO LUCK finding a fixture with greater wattage for any tank under 60 cm!!!!

Everything in the 40cm range is for nano tanks. Nano this, nano that and it's all frigging 9 or 11 Watts for that size!!!

ANYONE HAVE ANY BRIGHT IDEAS?? (pun intended...)

This is a pretty accurate representation of me, surfing the internet trying to find what I want :
:banghead: ... :blink:....:huh: ....repeat.....

a desk lamp:) ive got one with a 60 watt bulb for my 10 and my moneywort grows like crazy,along with my hornwort and java moss

Sorry got my size wrong, search at those sites, especially aqua forest for a compatible light

A lot of the t5ho lights have adjustable mounting brackets, they would attach to the sides instead of the single back, but those can get pretty high watts...

AquaticLife 2 Lamp T5 Light Fixtures

How wide is the tank, inches?

15.75 inches

Yes, something like that!! It is a tiny bit wider (18.5" vs my tank width of 15.75") but it is pretty darn close, and the best I've seen so far. Pretty much the right wattage too. Thanks so much!

Back
Top Bottom