Going on holiday!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Samzter

Aquarium Advice Addict
Tomorrow I'm going to the Olympics until Tuesday . My fish are being left with someone who knows nothing about fish! I've given her instructions , emergency contact number and the right amounts of food. Do you think they'll be okay? I'm also going on a cruise ( I'll post pics when I'm finished) for 16 days. I plan on doing 10-20% daily water changes then the day before we leave I am planning to do a 40% water change. Do you think that is a wise thing to do? The person looking after them won't be able to do water changes so will the fish be okay for 16 days without a change?

In a well-running tank, sometimes water changes don't need to be done for months. How fast does your nitrate usually get to 40-60ish? If its fast, I guess you have no choice, but do a 75% water change when you get home. If its slow, you'll be okay.

Oh, should be fine then. Just gravel vac when you get back, as long as they're not over fed they'll be fine.

Mayanearth said:
Did they die?

No no , all fish are alive and well! I think before I get more shrimp, german blue rams, otos and killis I better wait first!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom