Going to the Georgia Aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Crepe

Aquarium Advice Addict
So my mom has a rock and gem expo or whatever in atlanta and I was thinking about tagging along to go see the aquarium there. How is it? Also, I'd prefer to go at a time with fewer people so when's a good time to go?

well its always packed so if thats what you need sorry lol but honestly maybe the later hours where theres fewer people its always gonna be packed though and yes its a great aquarium i think the biggest in the world my kids love going there

I am doing this place as my art project (of course my school work has to be all about fish too). It looks awesome, I am jealous!

I have been a half dozen times, and yes, it is almost always packed. The weekdays are better than the weekends. The aquarium itself is pretty awesome. They have some really cool exhibits... the open ocean exhibit is the best. Attached is a terrible pic I took of the main viewing window at that exhibit. The silhouette of the person in the lower left gives you an idea of the scale of this window (and I didn't even get the whole thing in frame). To get to the main viewing window, you walk through an underwater acrylic tunnel that is about 150' long or so, which is also very neat. It is a sight to see, for sure. The reef exhibit is also a pretty neat one, as is the Mississippi river biotope exhibit.

Attachments

• IMG_0294.jpg
    IMG_0294.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 80

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom