gold severum problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

steveuk

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi, can anyone help by telling me what this is on his face, water parameters spot on using api master test kit, 25% water change 2 days ago . I have a parrot in the tank with firemouth cichlid, clown loach and common plec.
Tank is 210ltrs running at 82c (28f) and has been for the 4 years it has been setup, Eheim 2217 external filter. Never had this problem before and i'm wondering if its been attacked, any help would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• 2012-06-08 19.04.14.jpg
    2012-06-08 19.04.14.jpg
    167.8 KB · Views: 65
Never seen anything like this before, aww poor severum! This is a long shot but just an idea, it couldn' be a heater burn could it? IDK if you use a heater guard. Just a thought. I'd like to know how you go on with it though.

Thanks for your reply, heater is guarded so i think he may have been picked on, i will be keeping a close eye on his tank mates.

steveuk said:
Hi, poor severum didn't make it, died this afternoon, pretty sure it was an attack either from the parrot or clown loach.

Oh thats awful, i"m so sorry to here that :( its a real shame your sev didn"t make it.

Back
Top Bottom