Goldfish Ich Problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

giants1249er

Aquarium Advice Activist
Last week, I saw that there were a few white specks on my fancy goldfishes' tails. I bought Kordon Rid-Ich Plus from Petsmart to treat my fishes and it looks like it's gotten worse than better. I followed the instructions on the bottle...removing the carbon filter during treatment, 25% water change before treatment, shaking the bottle and adding 1 teaspoonful of medication for every 10 gallon of water...I need some help!!!!

How big is the tank? Generally ich happens when you have poor water quality, could you give us some numbers? Clean water helps, but I've also learned that by boosting up the temperature and adding salt it speeds up the life cycle of ich that kills it. Here's a link to an article for future reference: Freshwater Ich? Yuck!

ich has nothing to do with water quality, it's a parasite. It's possible that weakened fish may be more susceptible but it's not something that just pops up because of poor water conditions.

Back
Top Bottom