Goldfish sick or stressed?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Crew

Aquarium Advice Freak
Have a lone goldfish accompanied by a black mystery snail in my 29 gallon.
Recently he seems to be excreting a ton. And it's white, it's not the stringy white like I've seen, it's thicket than that. I don't think it's *alive* because I have yet to see any move. A decent piece draped over a plant has been stationary for a day.
Anyway, I read a lot about it and there's many possible reasons for it.. From stress to Nematoda and tape worms.
As I said before, he's excreting a LOT and it's worrying me, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• image-2998699646.jpg
    image-2998699646.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 81
Dear Crew,

Some water parameters would be helpful to see if your goldie is stressed from ammonia, nitrates, etc.

Sometimes it's helpful to fast the fish for a day and then feed parboiled peas, mushed up without the skin and see how the digestive system is working.

Is the goldie bottom sitting or having any other symptoms? Off food?

There are some Goldfish gurus here who might be able to shed more light and advice.
Chris

Thank you for replying.
My water parameters haven't been perfect, but as of now it's on the up-hill.
Ph is about 8.0
Ammonia is a little high, just finishing up fishless cycle. Although I guess now it's not a fishless cycle.
As for characteristics, he isn't sitting on the bottom, rather he's quite active. Maybe too active? Unsure.
For food I just started feeding Tetrafin goldfish crisps. Although he did eat an algae wafer because once I got home with him I realized I didn't have any goldfish specific food.
Anyway, that's about it.
It is possible he is sick from ammonia, but I haven't heard of something like this though. Odd symptom for it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom