Goldfish tranfer to pond

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

robbeno

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Will it be okay if I move goldfish to a new pond,there in tank now wich is in a warm place, water temp is very warm, outside pond is very cold indeed, will they be ok outside, I'm overstocked in tank and there swimming in ammonia constantly over 2.0ppm, 11 fish i need to move 9 and start. A cycle over.

If you acclimate them slowly they'll be fine.
My comet goldfish and my koi stay outside all winter.

Morgie said:
If you acclimate them slowly they'll be fine.
My comet goldfish and my koi stay outside all winter.

Hi how would you suggest I do this ? And will they go straight into hibernation and need no filter as it's down to 10c now,
Will it just be oxygen needed

Will this pond freeze over? How big/deep is it? Is it a hard sided pond, or a mud bottom pond? And is this a fancy goldfish or a comet?

I would put them in some buckets and drip acclimate them for several hours. There's an article on drip acclimating on this site somewhere.. :/
You should definitely have some sort of surface aggitation on the pond. We have a mini pond fountain pump in ours, they're pretty inexpensive at hardware/outdoors stores.

glassbird said:
Will this pond freeze over? How big/deep is it? Is it a hard sided pond, or a mud bottom pond? And is this a fancy goldfish or a comet?

Hi the pond isnt inserted yet its a hard plastic one fairly big 1250 litres 2 ft deep
I'm not sure on type of goldfish, there is shubunkins, & comets, not sure if there is any fancy ones,
They need to go somewere cos there swimming in ammonia for past couple weeks now tried & tried w/c, got 11 move 9 recycle hopefully.
Is it only fancy goldfish that don't go outside shubinkins comets ok to.

image-4264388652.jpg

image-1950442468.jpg

Hi here's the goldies & shubunkins i dnt think there fancy amongst them

Back
Top Bottom