Goldfish with bump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Danio8

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have recently acquired 2 feeder goldfish from a friend (She feeds them to her snake but these two were too big. I do not believe she has a tank setup.). Upon receiving them, I noticed one had a white lump on its back. I am keeping both of them in a one gallon fish bowl (I know it is bad to keep fish in a fishbowl but it is only temporary until I move them to my 125 gallon outdoor pond). I did a 50% water change today and it stirred up the gravel. A strand of white stuff started floating around and I think it was from the goldfish with the lump. The goldfish with the lump also has clamped fins and doesn’t move much but isn’t laying on the bottom of the tank. I sprinkled a few goldfish flakes in there and both the goldfish ate. The one without the bump is now sifting around the gravel. I don’t think the lump goldfish has ich because there is only 1 lump. I do not know the water condition they were living in before but the tap water in my area has a ph of about 8 and the water is pretty clean (Not a lot of chlorine or heavy metals). Does anyone know what could be wrong with my fish? Is there any medicine I could get to help treat the fish. I don’t want to put a sick fish in a pond with other fish. Any information would be deeply appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom