Good freshwater sand sifters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jjensen187

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey everyone I just made the change from gravel to PFS and I love the way it looks but I believe I need something to sift the sand! I have some albino cories but I want something that will really work the sand well. Its a 30gal. The reason I want something is to reduce the risk of air pockets forming.

malaysian trumpet snails, kuhli loach, almost all of your loaches will do this for you.

I couldn't locate any trumpet snails at my lfs. I guess ill try a few kuhli loaches for now.

Kuhlis will definitely do a good job at rooting around in the soil. Try to get at least 5 if you can though because they are social little critters.

Kuhlis will definitely do a good job at rooting around in the soil. Try to get at least 5 if you can though because they are social little critters.

I love Kuhlis! one of the best tanks That I ever had was a 55 w/ a school of them and tiger barbs. That tank was awesome in so many ways, And when I moved it broke. will have to revisit that theme in the future.

Back
Top Bottom