Good herping areas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

preyas1207

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey guys i was just wondering, what are some decent herping spots in the Mississauga area in Ontario? i know BC has many newts and salamanders i cant find anything here even in the credit river. I know centennial park is ok there's a lot of frogs and stuff. But, anyone know where I can find high amounts of turtles? preferably box turts i just wanna observe them never saw one. Also any good spots for mudpuppies and tips on finding them?Same thing for garter snakes thanks guys bye:thanks:

Hay I'm from Newmarket Ontario. There a good spot just about an hour from were you are called the Trent river. Trent river is in a small town called Campbellford. You won't find any box turtles here in Ontario and I don't think even in all of Canada . The Trent river has snapping turtles and some other kind of turtle that I'm not sure of the name. The Trent river has huge carp if your into fish. They also have a ton of crayfish, water snakes, bull frogs, and a lot more. I don't know why your asking this question now as it is still winter. Btw if you think it's a small river your totally wrong. It's huge.

Back
Top Bottom