Good Mechanical Canister Filter for 45g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Blackwood

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm looking for a good, not overly expensive, canister filter to do mechanical filtering only on a 45gallon planted tank. It's fairly heavily planted, so I don't need carbon or bio filtering. I'm more interested in large particle and water polishing.

I plan on running the output through a C02 reactor, then into the tank for flow, so I'd like some sort of tube output.

I have a HOB filter now, but it just has the wide open mesh for mechanical filtering. I'd like something a bit quieter and with better filtering.

Any suggestions on a small, easy to clean, reliable, long lived filter for this use? I'm sure many people will be interested in any suggestions.

I would go with a RENA XP1 or 2. They are reliable and the best bang for the buck IMO. You may be able to go cheaper with a cascade, but they aren't as quiet.

I plan on running the output through a C02 reactor, then into the tank for flow, so I'd like some sort of tube output.
the xp filters come with a airline in for the output. i use it to break up my co2 in my 85 gallon. i would go with a xp3 and call it a day.

Back
Top Bottom