Good or bad?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dollabill420

Aquarium Advice Freak
Anyone got opinions on if a red tailed black shark would work with paradise fish, 1 male 4 females, given adequate space and hiding spots. My friends thinking about trying it, if doesn't work out would be moved or sent to davey jones locker (red belly)
From what I've read they seem worth a shot especially with davey lurking in the shadows lol

Well it depends... Do you know how many gallons the tank is? I personally would avoid the combination as the shark may become more aggressive as it grows.

Anyone got opinions on if a red tailed black shark would work with paradise fish, 1 male 4 females, given adequate space and hiding spots. My friends thinking about trying it, if doesn't work out would be moved or sent to davey jones locker (red belly)
From what I've read they seem worth a shot especially with davey lurking in the shadows lol

They should work perfectly fine together as long as there is a workable ratio of fish:space:cover.

With the right equipment, as in filters, air pumps, etc, you can over stock a tank if you have enough hiding spots for cover and protection. Always remember though, the more room they have the better.

I wouldn't put those five fish in another smaller then a 30G, so if you have something bigger, great. And remember redtails are jumpers so a lid would be nice to have.

Ask more if you need more
Ben

Alrighty thanks for the views, I assumed in the right conditions shed be alright, if she takes care of her tanks like I do she should be alright. Was just wondering if anyone tried it before I know all the usual of how fish interact just not those two species in one tank together (20+ years experience)
(she has six I believe) have all the resources if it goes bad anyways

Thank you

With regards, Dolla

Back
Top Bottom