GoogleTalk

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hara

Aquarium Advice Addict
Has anyone downloaded this and been using it? I just did and it seems very simplistic, which I rather like. I do not use other IM services so thought I would try this one.

Haven't tried it. I think my fave is probably MSN messenger, or YIM. I don't care so much for AIM, but everyone has it, I keep it for that reason. If I hear of more people having googletalk I may get that one too.

Google is trying to take over - run for the hills!

Well, since they really improved email with gmail, it was a matter of time before they hit the IM world. I took a look at the program and it looks modeled after YIM.

IMO, AOL is on it's last legs...it's just a matter of time.

Trillian is what I use... makes it so much easier. Give it time and trillian will combine the google talk into its little messenger package

lyquidphyre said:
Trillian is what I use... makes it so much easier. Give it time and trillian will combine the google talk into its little messenger package
True but dont confuse trillian (a messaging application) with AIM, YIM, MSN or even Google (messaging services).

I heard recently google launched the ability to make phone calls from their google talk service aswell.

I like it too, because it notifies me when I have new Gmail, saving me a trip of having to login separately to Gmail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom