Got a new BFly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SaltwaterTeen

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I just got a new longnosed butterfly fish, I am wanting to get rid of like 5 of my damsels ffor it, and my sailfin tang keeps on picking on the bfly, how do I capture the damsels, and what should I do about the tang?

Well in theory, the tang should have gone in last being the most aggresive. Maybe it will settle down in a few days. If not, do you have a qt tank? You could pull the tang for a couple days and rearrange the rockwork before returning him. You do know that tang will outgrow your tank one day?
As for the damsels, haven't a clue. Never had one of those little monsters. :wink:
Maybe catch them early in the am when the lights first come on. May be a little sluggish for a few minutes. :?

Im not sure if you have a sump but if so and you dont have a QT then just place the fish in there for a couple days thats kind of like putting him in time out. may sound mean but it works.As for the damsels GOOD LUCK!!!!

I eventually named them the damn damsels and set a trap to catch them. Cut the top off of a two liter coke bottle, place bits of food in the bottle, rubber band clear plastic wrap around the open end of the bottle, poke several mid size holes in the plastic wrap and sink it in your tank. After a few days, I managed to catch the damn damsels in the bottle. Such unfriendly little beasts!

I've heard stories about people tearing down their aquascaping just to catch them "darn damsels" :rocket:

Sounds like you are for some work.

Back
Top Bottom