got sand now rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

neil_04

Aquarium Advice Activist
ok so i mixed some poolfilter sand and live sand and have it in the tank. saltwater is in systems running. Now comes my queston do i need to put in live rockk for the cycle or not. i wanted to ask befor i bought because its so expensive per pound and i did not want to kill off the things on it durring the cycle process.
also where do you guys buy your light parts from, like ballast and the end peices for the bulbs

I get my lighting part from my LFS. As far as the LR Put it in the tank and cycle your tank and cure the LR at the same time. If the LR is already cured you might not see much of a cycle.

If your LFS does not carry what you need, just remember "Google is your friend"...:) google the part you need and look at all your options.
I got my replacement ballast from 1000bulbs.com and had great service from them.

awesome i need to get started on my hood for my sw tank coral cant grow on an aqueon single 24" flourescent bulb

Doing your own LR is more then just saving money. Every rock you make is one less they need to take from the ocean. Not to mention it's lots of fun.

Back
Top Bottom