Got some Pics of My new planted tank!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mackdaddy81

Aquarium Advice Regular
I finally finished!! I went and picked up some more plants today. I got some micro sword, corkscrew val, and some red ludwiga, bannana plant, amazon sword, wisteria, anachris, java moss, and java fern. It looks awesome! Enjoy!

I like the driftwood, esp. the center pieces... how did you get the piece on the left to stand up by itself?

The tank is looking nice. A background would do wonders.

It's a shame you have goldfish in there. Once they find out how good those plants taste, you're not going to have a planted tank for long.

I was thinking about a background, but I can't decide what would look good. I was thinking plain black, but I'm not sure.

I've been pretty lucky so far with the goldfish. I used to have plastic plants and I think they learned pretty quickly that they shouldn't eat the plants. I see them nibble on some occasionally, especially the anachris, but it grows back pretty fast and they don't eat very much of it.

I agree with the background.

Also, the microswords you got, if you break them up and spot plant them, they will grow in better.

Looks good!

I already broke them up into quarters. When I got them they were huge clumps. How do you spot plant? I am afraid of killing them because I already broke them up. thanks for the advice and compliments. I am really proud of how it looks!

Looking really great! As for the black background, you can paint the tank or if you are unsure, use a black plastic garbage bag until you decide if you like it. Or bristleboard.

I second breaking up the plants like you have done. Possibly even more. I did that with a similar plant and it gives it a much more full look without being too dense in one spot and bare in another.

Back
Top Bottom