Got the 20 long set up! Help me decide on top/mid level fish!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Daven

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok first heres the "quick" rundown... 20 gallon long (30x12x12"). Currently has a AquaClear30 and AC20 filter, the AC30 was established on my girlfriends tank as we upgraded, and the AC20 i had on my 75 gallon for only about a week. Both have bioballs that should be established well. I rinsed out one of my AC110 filter sponges and then squeezed it into the tank as well to get some more BB going and the prefilter sponges i made caught the bigger stuff. Should be cycled as a result, but will of course be testing and have backup plans in place worst case. I use pool filter sand. Currently only the stock 24" t8 bulb with an old aquaglow bulb, but looking to upgrade somehow for good fish colours and some lower light plants. 100w heater, going to keep temps low for corries (74* i think). PH from the tap is around 7.5-7.8 (my nutrafin liquid test seems to say 7.5, and everyone else ive talked to locally says they find 7.8 including the stores test on mine). I think thats about it to mention

Now the fun stuff! I am set on a group of 8-10 corries. I wanted them since i started in the hobby, but couldnt have them after deciding to stock my 75 gal with mbuna. I like the Panda corries the best for their patterns and the fact that they stay smaller. I want the tank based around their ideal parameters. I was thinking the rest of the stock could be all male guppies of different colours/patterns, but as a fish they bore me other than that. Always nipping around for food and poking their noses in other fish's business lol But the colours could be stunning and they go throughout the whole tank. Another thought was a school of at least 6 or 8 schooling fish. But i dont know of many that could do ok in more alkaline water and lower temps. I always liked the rummynose tetras and they sound like tighter schoolers, but the general consensus that ive found online is that they can be fragile so idk if i wanna push the PH issue much.

Heres a quick pic of the tank running, still a bit cloudy. What would you like to see?

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    201.9 KB · Views: 37
Back
Top Bottom