Gourami and shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LOACHY

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi I was just wondering if any I you out there have gouramis and loaches which I have in my tank are too aggressive and I'll be unable to establish a shrimp colony ?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

That's a bummer , what about the larger bamboo shrimp

What kind of loaches are we talking? My khuli loaches ignore my amono shrimp. And my dwarf gourami get punked by the adolescent ghost shrimp, they won't even go near the adults. I hear red cherry shrimp get eaten easily though, but I've never had any.

Yoyo loaches I have but I also have Coreys and 3 Indian gourami and 3 opaline gourami

I would say no shrimp with the yoyo loach.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

The gourami will also eat any shrimp they can fit in their mouths.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Sometimes... usually. However my gourami never touched my shrimp. Here's a pic of them sharing food.

75748-albums12252-picture61448.jpg

I think it would be better if I didn't get shrimp then , I dot think the gouramis are much of a concern because they always entertain themselves there's 2 males and 4 females so there always active chasing the females I think the concern would be the loach

What gourami is that it's got nice colours ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1404311098.912534.jpg my opalines ain't quiete that colourful

Back
Top Bottom