Gourami for GouramiLover

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Be careful. They are very territorial and will probably fight eventually. I don't recommend two in that size tank.

36g semi-aggressive
20g community
5.5g betta/ghost shrimp
3g betta
2g fry

Unless you have a pair. BUT a pair is often hard to find as not many places only sell male gouramis or they sell young gouramis and you cannot tell the sexes apart.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I am thinking a single T. Chuna would be easier to find and less cost prohibitive. Plus I have kept these guys repeatedly in the past and have always loved them.

Still need to ask my lfs if they can get sparkling gouramis in for a decent price. Not losing hope for sparkling gouramis, just considering my options.

T. chuna is by far my favorite gourami and one of my favorite fish overall. Really love their personalities. I think one would be a great choice in a ten gal, particularly with a bunch of plants.

T. chuna is by far my favorite gourami and one of my favorite fish overall. Really love their personalities. I think one would be a great choice in a ten gal, particularly with a bunch of plants.

They are just so peaceful and their rust color is nice too. The more the debate it in my mind I think T.chuna is winning.

If my lfs has babies in stock I won't be able to stop myself. Baby t. Chuna are just sooooo cute!

well all my intentions went out the window the second I saw very sad looking T. Lalius at my LFS. He appears to be malformed on its lower fin/body (looks too symmetrical to be an injury) and is missing an eye. Despite this he has a very fiery attitude and I just had to adopt him when I was told he had been there a while because everyone was scared by his looks. Anyways, my tank now has a new occupant :dance:

Attachments

• Lucifer.jpg
    Lucifer.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 56
Alright, he is looking settled in his new home! He is pretty awesome! The shrimp were scared at first, but now they have come back out.

You can really see his malformed stomach area in this photo. I am unsure if this means he has issues on the inside, but for now he seems fine :)
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1427943802.995593.jpg

His "good" side, thought he is awesome from any side :)
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1427943911.588307.jpg

The shrimp venturing back out
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1427943974.597189.jpg

Very happy for you and the little guy, nice color in that first pic!

Back
Top Bottom