Gouramis color dulling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Banjax

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So I bought a new female opaline gourami today and when I put her into the tank today I noticed all her fins and body were brightly colored compared to the other opalines in the tank. My Golden gouramis look ok color wise it's just the opalines. Did i just get a really nice colored opaline compared to my others or is there something more to it? is there anything i can do to boost the color of the other opalines? Bonus question because i didn't want to make another post I have a 55 Gallon tank and 5 spotted Rubberlip plecos just wondering if its too many for the tank thanks.

Tried my best to take a photo of the new gourami and one of my others don't know if you can tell but the fins on the other opalines look almost white-ish

New Gourami
FdltndS.jpg

Old Gourami
tyzIW4J.jpg

the colour of the fish generally comes downs to a few things; water quality (ammo, nitrites, nitrates, and essential minerals), temp, quality of food, and stress level / diseases.

if its just one or two fish out of the entire tank that don't look good then it probably more to do with fish overall health. if all fish in the tank are looking poor then it could be a combo of above.

there is also the strain / bloodline of the fish. some just have better looking qualities based on their parents. you can't change this.

provide the best care you can and you will see the best colours from your pets.

checked my test's and they were all fine Ammonia-0 Nitrites-0 Nitrates-20, temp is at 27 C.

as for feeding i have a variety of foods for them and the plecos, not too sure if they're the greatest so if anyone has any opinions on food then by all means be my guest and let me know. I feed them Omega one super color flakes,omega one veggie rounds, nutrafin max sinking pellets, Aqueon algae rounds, Fronzen Brine shrimp and Hikari Frozen tubifex worms (which i just started to feed but they don't seem too interested so if anyone also knows how i could possibly slowing get them to start eating it that would be great)

Back
Top Bottom