gouramis?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gibberwatt

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi,
I have a 29 gal aquarium with a pair (literally), and a red tailed black shark. My father wants to add a dwarf flame gourami to the mix. since I depend on my Dad for aquarium continuance, I was going to do that. I was wondering if that would be ok, what with the compatibility and bioload.

thanks

A pair of Dwarf Gouramis I'm assuming?

If you do, try to maintain a 1 male to 2 female ratio so they fight less. 2 males will most likely end in disaster BUT if you provide a lot of hiding places and breaks in vision you might be okay. Try to make sure they all get the right amount of food.

I would also keep an eye on the shark. Red tail black sharks have been known to harass fish with black or red coloration.

I wasn't going to get a pair, but I am now. I have plenty of holes to hide in, but I am not sure that I will be able to do the 1:2 ratio. Dad was also looking at the neon blue dwarf gourami - would the be in danger of the RTBS?

And Yes I have a pair of angels. sorry for the typo.

Also, would gouramis work for dither fish? because my angels are in need of some dithers (they ate their last bunch :facepalm:).

Hmm... Probably. When I had Gourami's they were thugs (peaceful thugs) and strutted around the tank and only hid at night. All the other fish were like "probably safe to go out". And the Gourami's would just keep strutting LOL

So once they settle in they would probably work. Just make sure your DG's don't fight or nip the angels. Return the one that is bullying if you do have one because they can go either way sometimes.

Best of luck, - Raymond

Back
Top Bottom