green slug?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Feron

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok, this batch of LR is proving to be FULL of goodies..

Unfortunatly, I couldn't photo this guy.. he was hanging out at the top of the water where the water returns to the system.
So...

Take the stereotypical image of a garden snail... eye stalks and tiny pointed mouth.. about 2 inchs long... remove the shell.
Color it solid green (color of your average emerald crab).

Well... that's todays new critter.. any one have an idea of what it might be other then the obvious? It has no other markings or identifying features... just a smooth, green slug with eye stalks..

hmmm...
here are a couple bad pictures (so hard to focus on the little guy!)

one
two

EDIT - Much better picture after he decided to go down to the `strate..

three

Wow, that's pretty neat. I have no idea what it is though. Try the seaslugform http://www.seaslugforum.net/
They may be able to help or you could go through the species list for something simular. Warning though, there are hundreds to look through. Good luck and post if you get an ID.

Awesome!
Do you have any caulerpa in your tank? Just thinking, the one link showed them eating it and wondering if they are specialized feeders. I wouldn't mind having a few of them myself if that were the case. lol

Yup, found it in the macro farming tank I have..
He's grazing on some grape at the moment.. there's about 10 varieties in there, so not sure exactly where the little guy came from.. most likely hitched a ride on some of it I got from FloridaPets..

Back
Top Bottom