Green stuff with little red tips

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

weagle117

Aquarium Advice Regular
I bought this rock on Thursday for the pretty gold (star?) polyps growing on it. The morning after I put it in my tank I noticed several little pretty green places- very small. It is now Sunday am. and the little green places are definitely growing. When I flipped on the moon light (blue) earlier this evening the green spot glowed brightly of neon yellow and there were 10 more spots on that rock (probably there before but I didn't notice) . I took a picture & blew it up... will post it here. It looks like the little green stuff has red tips on several of the "polyps?" Could this be montipora or acrapora (sp?) I saw some in a fish store a few weeks ago and really liked it.... Could I possibly be lucky enough to have it hitchhike into my tank????.... Please let me know what you think this could be. Thanks..

Last edited:
Hard to tell by the pic , tentacles look to long for richordia maybe you got lucky and got a baby rose tip bubble anemone. Can you see a mouth yet?

No mouth that I can see.... there are 10 of them on this rock, whatever they are. The others are very small- can't see the red yet but when I turned the moon light on they really glow.

Back
Top Bottom