Gregonians

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Robert_ellis

Aquarium Advice Freak
Any tips on how to keep one? I've had one for about 3 months and no matter where I put it it doesn't open right. It's in lots of flow, all h2o parameters are perfect. Just can't seem to get it to stay blue an open its polyps... Anyone else have this issue?

Is it the photosynthis type. I have one that requires pyhtoplankton feedings because it does not use light to grow. It does need adequate flow. Mine is a purple whip.

What color are the polyps? If they are white, it's not photosynthetic. Maybe put it somewhere out of direct light, try adding phytoplankton to the water column at night. If it's a filter feeder, they are not easy to keep.

Lol guess I should if read first... About 30min after your post I made a post asking about their care because I just got one today! You know one of those "just looking" trips to the lfs! Opened up within an hour or two, looks quite happy

img_2304702_0_f7e38bc457ff2d4c064ce89c8168d750.jpg

It is a blue branches with blue flowers... In the shaded area now. We will see what happens. I was told it was a strawberry gre... Which is weird because its blue.

Back
Top Bottom