Growth

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mitchafishaboo

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi Guys,
in my sisters original fish tank (3 x Zebra Danio's + 2 x White Cloud Mountain Minnow's) I have noticed on one of the Danio's a pink growth, it is on its head, around the eyes. Since I have noticed this, my sister has said it keeps dying, and then coming back to life again, I'm not quite sure how that works, but I have witnessed this myself on one or two occasions, it falls sideways to the bottom of the tank, its gills stop moving, then when you try to scoop it out with a net, it immediately shoots to the other side of the tank, any ideas of what this 'Growth' may be?

Hello Mitch...

Check your water chemistry. It should test out at "0" for ammonia and nitrite. Nitrates in the 20-30 ppm range are ideal. If not, a larger than normal water change is always a help and make the new water a bit warmer than the rest of the tank. There are so many benefits to large, weekly water changes and no drawbacks that I know.

Keep the tank water clean and feed a little variety of some frozen foods. These can only help a fish that may be a bit stressed or it's last days comfortable.

B

Back
Top Bottom