GSP closed up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

havefun

Aquarium Advice Freak
I bought some GSP a few weeks ago and it had been doing great. A couple days ago I did a PWC and was dusting the rocks with a turkey baster and decided to dust off the GSP while I was at it. They havn't opened since. Did I screw up or is it typical for them to close up every so often?

Typical for the GSP. Once disturbed they will take awhile to come back out...but they should be fine.

Yeppers!! I did the same thing to some of mine once...took almost a week for them to open back up. I guess I scared them...

mine also did this the first time i scared them and they took like 5 days to come out but after that they came out much quicker. i will make mine close up evry once ina while so i can see how much they have covered but they come back out within minutes, and when my crabs walk over them they close up and open quickly.

Thats good to know, thank you! So do you all bother to dust your corals or no? I figured I was doing them a favor :roll:

Back
Top Bottom