Guppies and Harlequin Rasboras?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Markah1

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I already have a school of harlequin Rasboras but how will guppies do with them?

I heard salt water would make the guppies more comfortable but would the harlequin Rasboras be able to tolerate salt? Also, would table salt be ok? I only have a 10 gallon for this particular set up. Thanks!

Posted this late night so hopefully someone that has ever had experience with this combo can share!

I had a male guppy with harlequin espeis in a 10g tank, and it bullied them.

I think guppys can at times be temperamental, but I only had one. Other guppy keepers may be able to give you more info.

Thanks for the info. I'll keep that in mind. I was thinking of getting 2 females and 1 male like my tank back home (I am currently going to college away from home). Anybody else?

Table salt isn't the kind of salt you put in the tank. I'm not sure what kind of effects it will have on the fish. What all do you have in your tank?

seekinghealth said:
Table salt isn't the kind of salt you put in the tank. I'm not sure what kind of effects it will have on the fish. What all do you have in your tank?

Ghost shrimp and harlequin Rasboras.

Back
Top Bottom