guppies look very sick with bent back

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Annaandmario

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi,

This is my first post here so...

I have some guppies in my freshwater tank and almost all off them got sick and one sadly died.

It started a few weeks ago when i realized they dont move their backfin anymore and it only got worse. First i thought its the Ich because i saw some white spots on them and after the treatment they were gone but the guppies are still sick.

I also realized the white dots came back on one of them but he seems strong and fine.

The sick guppies look very depressed they just "lay" on the ground of the aquarium and dont even come up for food. I also gave them a general treatment for infections as i could not figure out what they suffer from..

I did a 20% water change a few times.

I will add some pictures of the sick guppies and hope someone of you can help me as this is my first aquarium and i am quite new to this.

Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_20201002_124113.jpg
    IMG_20201002_124113.jpg
    168.8 KB · Views: 23
What are the water parameters?

Tank temperature?

Ammonia
NitrIte
Nitrate

pH

TDS

GH/KH

More basic information on fish keeping can be found in the article link in my signature. It is very help ful and a good read when you have a few minutes.

What is your water change schedule?

How many fish are in the tank?

What size tank?

How long has it been set up?

Did this fish always have a bent back? Seem a bit sick?

Vitamin deficiency can cause problems.

Stress in the form of males chasing relentlessly, unsafe water quality, and likely parasites which can really take off. Another possibility would be Fish TB / Mycobacterium infection

It seems dramatic. I have a Guppy which looks like this and is in a QT tank now.

Back
Top Bottom