guppy breeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Guppy Breeder

Aquarium Advice Regular
I chose guppy to breed because
1. They are easy to I here
2. They are very colorful

I was woondering if there was anything special you have to do to breed them besides put a male and a female in a tank then protect the fry

Nothing to much but 2-3 females are good for breeding. I would get a separate for fry if you really wanted to get into it. Also breeding traps or anything like that are helpful! Good luck!

Yes but just make sure that your females aren't too stressed out but other than that it's fine and good luck

Well the ratio of male to female should be at least 1 male to every 2-3 females . You can tell if they are stressed by if they hide or lay on the bottom a lot. Also males may choose favorites, so one female may get no attention and the other may get all the attention.

I would suggest putting in black tetra water extract. It puts natural minerals into the water that guppys in the wild are used to and make them feel more comfortable. Plus the extract will I courage the guppies to breed too.

Back
Top Bottom