Guppy culling help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

R3lax

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I've been breeding guppy but unfortunately I've run into a problem and that happens to be to many guppies. Unfortunately I have no local pet/fish stores that buy/take in fish, I have decided that I'm going to get a aggressive fish that will be happy to eat a few guppy every now and then. That's where I need help I have one problem I only have one 20 gallon tank for the fish and I need help finding a type of fish that will be happy to live in a 20 gallon tank preferably something that can live alone but I can settle with two if they fit and they need to be able to eat juvenile/adult guppies. Any suggestions will be taken into account.

How about some golden wonder killies? They are pretty and I've heard that they are pretty voracious when it comes to small fish.

Jewel cichlids are small enough to fit in a 20 long and have a larger mouth for a fish their size. Plus, you get some color in them as they mature.

Jewels grow too large, 4". The Gold Wonder Killies will work. You could also consider a native such as a sunfish of some sort. 1 would work and munching guppys isn't a problem. I'd suggest a Dollar Sunfish

Jewels grow too large, 4". The Gold Wonder Killies will work. You could also consider a native such as a sunfish of some sort. 1 would work and munching guppys isn't a problem. I'd suggest a Dollar Sunfish

Only problem with that is here in Ontario Canada you need a licence to keep any wild life and that includes fish, I was thinking of maybe just getting like one or two Rockbass from the pond not to far from my house but like i mentioned i would need a licence.

Rock bass are going to get way too big :/

Sent from my SM-G930T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom