Guppy Died

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Incogneto21

Aquarium Advice Regular
2 days ago I got him he was fine. A few hours later I noticed the that half of the cobra design on his tail was gone. Then today I woke up to find him dead and his tail was gone. It looks weird. Can you look at the picture and look at the leftover piece of his tail to tell me what It could be?

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393357272.073131.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393357272.073131.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 92
Is your tank cycled? It sounds like your fish died because of an ammonia or other water problem. Take a sample of your water to the pet store for testing or buy a liquid test kit like API Master Test kit. Test kit can be found for under $20 on Amazon. Come back and post the numbers and you will get more help. Here is an article on cycling your tank. Guide to Starting a Freshwater Aquarium - Aquarium Advice

I would suspect fin rot, often caused by poor water quality and ammonia poisoning resulting in extreme stress, although a decline that quick is disturbing ! Have you got a fin nipping culprit in the tank ? If not check your water parameters urgently

2 days ago I got him he was fine. A few hours later I noticed the that half of the cobra design on his tail was gone. Then today I woke up to find him dead and his tail was gone. It looks weird. Can you look at the picture and look at the leftover piece of his tail to tell me what It could be?

Need a lot more information than that...
Tank size?
Other fish?
How old is the tank?
Cycled?
Filter?

Back
Top Bottom