Guppy dropped dead fry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

amyb_70

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi, I know there is not an answer for this but I am hoping someone can explain to me what's going on.
I purchased a very pregnant guppy last night. A few hours ago I saw a fry being born, this process took her over an hour. She delivered that one dead, obviously, and boom another, dead also. I would assume that she was pregnant with more than 2 fry. Now almost 3 hours later still no fry. I was able to transfer her to breeding net w/o her being disturbed. She is still acting as if she is in ' labor'. She is staying in the same spot, sometimes she starts to idk the word, but look like she's ready to have more(pushing mode). I realize I cannot do anything for her. I would like to know and understand what's happening though. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thank you. You say stress, do you mean from the process of having fry? The tank is mellow, she's the largest I have in there. I'd say no other fish is over 1/2" long. I lost all the larger ones when I had a something a month + ago. Okay, so I just wait it out right.

Yup I'd say stress too. Just checked on her, she's dying. :(

The site won't let me put up more photos. I guess I've reached the max. I don't get it

Go to photobucket or tinypic

Hmmm I'd let her out of the trap

Sorry I should have updated you. She has been out of the trap since shortly after taking the picture. She has moved on to brighter places, i suppose she saw the light... Poor thing, i guess having babies was to much for her.. Thanks for the help Emerald, your right on top of things.

Back
Top Bottom