Guppy eating too much?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Boffer

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi, i got 7 guppies, and 2 Catfish Dwarf suckers, i feed the guppies 2 times a day, what thy can eat in 1 minut, and put one piece of squash in fore the Catfish Dwarf suckers, but my concern is that the guppies also eat of the squash, and thy eat from it most of the time, I know that they can eat themselves sick because they get too thick, should I be concerned?

If you're concerned you can bring the feedings down to once a day.
Agree!
It's not even necessary to feed them twice a day to be honest... There will still be enough food left in the tank that you're not always able to see. So, let them show their natural behavior and let them search for food themselves on the bottom of the tank. Which means also less maintenance.

Thanks for the answers, i will only feed them 1 time a day then.
Do you guys know how often I should leave a squash in the aqarium, for the Catfish Dwarf suckers to eat, do it have to be everyday?

Even though products say feed 2-3 times a way, I have never fed that much ever. I feed my fry 2 times a day, everyone else gets it about 5-6 times a week.

Fish in the wild will easily go a week or so without food depending on where they are and the season.

Any organic food like squash or cucumbers etc, should be removed everyday and only fed a couple times a week or once a week. Be careful if that is what you are using as the only food for your catfish, make sure you vary everyone's food.

This allows them to get different nutrients and minerals.

Ok thanks for the answer I will do as you describe :)

Back
Top Bottom