Guppy Fry Growth Chart

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok I'm sorry I just know the goldfish food and tropical food I have are pretty different in general so I wasnt really sure. How are the freeze dried bloodworms? I only have frozen ones which I figure would be a pain to try and feed my babies but do you just crush them up? Do they eat them well? I might pick some up cuz I feel like my babies arent growing well :/ but it might just be me. Everyone else who sees them think they are growing.

I put the FDBW in a plastic Baggie and rolled a rolling pin on it and it turns into a fine powder. I use that rolling pin technique for all the things I tried to crush :)

Do the fry eat it pretty well though? I know bloodworms arent a good staple diet but I might pick some freeze dried ones up to feed once a week or so. I feed my mollies and platys and bettas frozen bloodworms once a week and some brine shrimp once a week and then flakes for the rest and I usually go a day a week without feeding.

On february 21 my guppy female had 10 fry. The next day my adult male and female died. One by one my fry dwindled down to 5. I lost the last one 2 wks ago. they have been in the community tank since 2 wks old. They are now 6 wks and going strong. First they only came out of the plants for feeding. the first feeding was egg yolk then we switched to first bites. Now they are out with the community fish the majority of the time. A couple still hide a lot. They eat with the other fish and play in the plants. When I try counting them they come to the side and look at me. So adorable.

Sexing:

I have 3 females and 2 males. I cant tell by the size since there are 2 small females and 1 large. 1 small male and 1 large male. I can tell because the females are dark with gravid spots. In the last wk the males developed red stripes on their tails and red on their top fin. within the last 2 days the males developed their boy parts!

Sorry I haven't posted in so long. Noir had her second drop on the 12th and I've been too busy to post about it! The older batch has a bright future and are to be given away the day after tomorrow, so I'll be switching to the younger batch for growth details. They are currently five days old (today is 4/17/12) and heres the pic of the breeding box! (below) and as it turns out, 3 1/2 week old fry are safe to put with newborns! That's great because I only have one breeder box!

View attachment 89536

Back
Top Bottom