Guppy fry tank tips?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ChaosTropicals

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey guys should i add plants or plecos in my fry tanks? i need to max my success rate. Any tips are helpful when it comes to breeding them!

Add plants, Probly not plecos, they make alot of waste, and you dont want to do water changes alot and suck up some fry

I would recommend plants like java moss and some floating plants. And you shouldn't probably add a pleco, as it might eat or acidentally kill the fry, and because of the waste that it produces

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Well um...I dont really know but add some Hornwort, floating.

Hmm i may add some substraight depending on the amount of fry i have in my next litter. i just hate having to vacuum it out constantly with gravel bare bottom is so much easier.

Otocinclus could be used they are smaller algae eaters if your are worried about that

Otocinclus could be used they are smaller algae eaters if your are worried about that

I just want the tank to stay clean tbh. lol like left over food and what not.

If I were you I would definitely go with some otocinclus and hornwort, you would be amazed at how much these little guys clean for there size.

I have one in my twenty not a ton of algae at all :)

If they are available you should get gold otos, they stay small but have a giant appetite

Shrimp and cories, 3-4 will make a dent in any leftover food

Delivered via owl
Ministry of Magic

If you want to maximize your success then don't put any fish with them.

Do a daily 25% water change and feed them a tiny amount 4 - 5 times a day. There's absolutely no reason to add the extra bio load of fish to the tank and the extra water changes will help them grow bigger.

I moved the big pregnant guppy to the fry tank to have birth here soon! the sponge filter and fry food should arrive here today.

Back
Top Bottom