Guppy fry with white spot.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kirsty

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi everyone - I'm new to this posting malarkey - I usually just read through tons of posts to find answers. But I'm really worried about my little fish and thought it best to ask for advice.

I have a 75 l tank that has been set up for a year. I cycled my tank before adding fishes.

It is a tropical set up with sand and a jewel filter/heater and I have an air stone and 2 live plants.

Currently - 4 danios (been there since day 1), 4 rummy nose tetras (had for about 8 months) and 2 guppys 1 female and 1 male. ( I had 3 females but 2 died just the day after going in the tank). (About 6 weeks ago)

I had white spot in my tank (on the rummy nose tetras)a couple of weeks ago and treated the tank with water life white spot remover.

It seemed to work fine.

My guppy then had babies on Sunday night and I managed to rescue 5 from being eaten and popped them into a marina floating breeding trap. They seem happy swimming around and eating well. (I feed tiny amounts 4 times during the day and add a little tank water each time too).

However I noticed last night that 2 of them appear to have tiny white dots to their fins and tails!

The temp in my tank is 26 - should I raise this to 28? And is it safe to treat my tank again? (The bottle says half dosage if fry are present). Or should I do something else?

Oh and I forgot to say my water readings are ammonia 0ppm nitrite 0ppm nitrate 5-10ppm and ph around 7.4 - 7.6

Thank you kirsty x

Back
Top Bottom