Guppy fry...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishfan88

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have several pregnant guppies right now, and I have a pretty strong filter... I have heard of putting a nylon over the filter. Does that work? If so, how would you put it on?I don't want the fry to get sucked up! D: any advice is appreciated! Thanks!
Melanie :)

I have several pregnant guppies right now, and I have a pretty strong filter... I have heard of putting a nylon over the filter. Does that work? If so, how would you put it on?I don't want the fry to get sucked up! D: any advice is appreciated! Thanks!
Melanie :)
Hi, just get some BRAND NEW tights(pantyhose) and cut a section off. I use the ankle. Put of the filter and use an elastic band to secure... What type of filter do you have??

A pic of your filter would be good...my guppy is currently having her fry and I had to use the toe part of a knee high stocking with a rubber band

Here is the filter I use

Attachments

• image-3951194810.jpg
    image-3951194810.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 51
Ok, do how do ya put it on?? Sorry... Absolutely NO experience with putting my stockings on a fish tank filter :p lol... Do they have to be new, though? How come?

Ok, do how do ya put it on?? Sorry... Absolutely NO experience with putting my stockings on a fish tank filter :p lol... Do they have to be new, though? How come?
Just cut the ankle part off. Slip it on the pipe, like a sock and put an elastic on it to secure it. It's best to use new, no nasty's to worry about. A really cheap pair will do the job...

This part?

Attachments

• image-3048309867.jpg
    image-3048309867.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 54
Ok thanks a bunch :) goin to see if I can find some unopened tights now...

It's making a weird sound... Like its trying to suck up the stocking... Is that ok?

It's making a weird sound... Like its trying to suck up the stocking... Is that ok?
It shouldn't really, I wouldn't say it'll any damage short term. I have never had any problems and I have put stockings on all my filters at some stage, even my internal filters. Any pictures??

My stocking is quite a bit bigger than the part of the filter I put it on :p I bought some thinner nylons today. I'll take a pic asap :)

Back
Top Bottom