Guppy help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

isazepeda

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi there, new here, so I will try to be as detailed as possible.

I had an established 12g tank, 1 year old, with 4 guppies, 3 von rio's and 3 corydoras. I keep it up, clean it weekly, and test, all was good.

3 of the guppies were new, purchased at Christmas, all female. They came preggo, which I did not know until our aquarium was full of babies. So I scooped out the babies and put them in my hospital tank which has only snails mostly. In the mean time, I purchased a 40 gallon tank and set that up. It has been about 2 months now. After several initial set backs I got that tank established. And put 4 panda corys and the 13 babies in there. All was fine. In the 12 gallon tank I noticed our oldest guppy, yellowjello, not looking great, so after several weeks of the babies doing fine, I moved two of the female guppies in there. Dropping 1-Branson, in the meantime..:-(

Branson seemed to have no issues, eating well, and playful. Waiting a week or so until I could make sure bacteria could deal with the additions I moved the final female over, tickle. (My 4 year old named them). Yellow Jello was still not doing well and he did pass. Much to my shock so did Tickle, 2 days after I moved her. She was fine in the 12 gallon and stopped eating and died in the other.

Amonia: 0
PH: 7.4
Nitate/Nitrite were all zero.

This was two weeks ago. I clean all our tanks weekly, scrub the sides, vacuum the gravel lightly, and water.

About 5 days ago I realized Branson stopped eating. So I immediately moved her to the hospital tank (4 gallons). I tried melafix, primafix, even antiobiotics. I do daily water changes, have tried feeding banana, peas, frozen food, flake pellets, an nothing. She is active-ish, but today she is hanging around the bottom more. I am at my whits end. Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong and how I might get her through this?

I am doing daily water changes, carbon is out, UV lights off, I dont know what else to try. I wont repost the water parameters, they hasn't changed. I even took water to our local fish store to test, just incase I was missing something. They are the ones who gave me the *tetracycline*

Any thoughts are welcomed.

Hi there, new here, so I will try to be as detailed as possible.

I had an established 12g tank, 1 year old, with 4 guppies, 3 von rio's and 3 corydoras. I keep it up, clean it weekly, and test, all was good.

3 of the guppies were new, purchased at Christmas, all female. They came preggo, which I did not know until our aquarium was full of babies. So I scooped out the babies and put them in my hospital tank which has only snails mostly. In the mean time, I purchased a 40 gallon tank and set that up. It has been about 2 months now. After several initial set backs I got that tank established. And put 4 panda corys and the 13 babies in there. All was fine. In the 12 gallon tank I noticed our oldest guppy, yellowjello, not looking great, so after several weeks of the babies doing fine, I moved two of the female guppies in there. Dropping 1-Branson, in the meantime..:-(

Branson seemed to have no issues, eating well, and playful. Waiting a week or so until I could make sure bacteria could deal with the additions I moved the final female over, tickle. (My 4 year old named them). Yellow Jello was still not doing well and he did pass. Much to my shock so did Tickle, 2 days after I moved her. She was fine in the 12 gallon and stopped eating and died in the other.

Amonia: 0
PH: 7.4
Nitate/Nitrite were all zero.

This was two weeks ago. I clean all our tanks weekly, scrub the sides, vacuum the gravel lightly, and water.

About 5 days ago I realized Branson stopped eating. So I immediately moved her to the hospital tank (4 gallons). I tried melafix, primafix, even antiobiotics. I do daily water changes, have tried feeding banana, peas, frozen food, flake pellets, an nothing. She is active-ish, but today she is hanging around the bottom more. I am at my whits end. Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong and how I might get her through this?

I am doing daily water changes, carbon is out, UV lights off, I dont know what else to try. I wont repost the water parameters, they hasn't changed. I even took water to our local fish store to test, just incase I was missing something. They are the ones who gave me the *tetracycline*

Any thoughts are welcomed.
One thing I would think about in your situation is the age of the mother guppies. Unless you purchase a fish that you know is young based on it's size, it's difficult to guess their age. I don't know how old you mother's were/are, but the average life span of a guppy from birth to death is only about 2 years. I'm not saying this is your case, but something to keep in mind.

Back
Top Bottom