Guppy in labor!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oscarchic11

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So im starting to breed guppies to feed to my oscar and one if my pregnant females is definately in labor as she has a sac and back half of a baby stickying out of her bottom. Noticed her going into labor last nite and am now wondering how long (about) it will take her. No fry visible in tank, but i have a hiding plant for them.

If heres anyone else in the tank with your momma then they may have eaten the fry. Birthing can tank anywhere from an hour to 4 hours ( can be more if she holding a bunch of fry) if your trying to get all you can out of you fy to feed your oscars, then i would add more plants to the tank she is in. More plants makes more hiding spots for the fry

I ended up letting her have them in a betta cup. Out 8 fry only 3 were live. :-( they have since been eaten as i put them in the guppy tank 2 soon.

img_2091766_0_99053c4cb3bb83528b8dc299b2aaf002.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
srry it took so long, computer quit on me... she looks like she has about another week. but thats just a guess...

Back
Top Bottom