Guppy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishlover3578

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I think my guppies r getting fin rot tails r lookingfrayed on some and fins look white on edged

Get some medication for it. I've used Melafix before with great results. It'll help the fins grow fast. It's basically a fish 1st aid.

So far I have returned 3 fish and lost about 4 guppies hoping the others don't show sighn of fin rot. No others have had sights show for two days so hopin no more cases of it

Sorry to hear about your troubles. I know how frustrating that can be. When dealing with fish illness, especially a reoccurring one, it's important to consider what the root cause is. What kind of setup do you have with what type and how many fish, and what is your water changing schedule like?

I do part water changes ice or twice a week ... Water tests keep showing nothing concerning when I get it tested . I have had any new cases last few days but I did loose more fish in seperate tank I'm treating them in

Are the fins looking cloudy on the frayed part? If so it could be the beginning stages of columnaris, hate to scare you if it is nothing but that's how it has always began in my guppy tanks.
Nitrofuracin green is what I use to treat and works like a charm

What size tank do you have? What kind of filter? How many fish do you have in it? When you get it tested you should ask if you can write down the results- we need to know your ammonia, nitrite and nitrate levels. How long has your tank been set up? When you said you change part if the water, what percentage is that? And do you use a siphon?
Sorry for all the questions, but these things will help us figure out why your fish are getting sick :)

It's 29 gal not sure ow many guppies maybe 15 or less plus Corey fish water changes are usually 25 or 50 percent .... I think it is columnaris haven't siphoned it yet . Will try get something at Petsmart I read about something else that works on it

I heard Mardel Maracyn works on it and I have mix of fancy and feeder guppies . Sick ones r In a 10 gal tank

It's 29 gal not sure ow many guppies maybe 15 or less plus Corey fish water changes are usually 25 or 50 percent .... I think it is columnaris haven't siphoned it yet . Will try get something at Petsmart I read about something else that works on it

Furan 2, TC tetracycline, and Maracine Plus will all help treat. I don't think regular nitrofuracin green is available at chain stores but it is an active ingredient in some medications so it's worth checking. I've found it to work the best for basically everything I treat

I will check again tomorrow it's been fine last I ckecked which was a few days ago

Sorry for my spelling .... Only ones tht died ate ones with fin deterorating and fuzziness ... Exempt for a few ...

Back
Top Bottom