Had a jumper...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Carnifex

Aquarium Advice Regular
So, just got a panchax killifish today. Was doing some mods to my hood(broke a light bulb during the process >_<) and the back is temporarily uncovered. I go to the movie and when I come back my new fishy decided to go for an air swim. I go to get rid of the evidence and it moved! o_O put him in a glass of tank water(with a book on top, ive learned my lesson) and i guess i'll see if he's ok in the morn. Seemed to be ok an hour ago-swimming around, colours good, etc. I really hope it's ok. It's a gorgeous fish and I would hate to see it die because i didn't think ahead.

Hope he's ok, I leave the lid off my tank most days to keep the temp down , but if I go out I cover it back up don't trust the little buggers :)

=..( It died. It was doing so well last night. Oh well, i guess the lesson learned is to always cover your tank. I shoulda known, lost a false perc to the air a few years ago.

Sorry to hear, I lost a full grown Midas Blenny that way. Put her back in the tank, but she had been out for too long.

Back
Top Bottom