hagen co2 system concuctions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chelseachuy

Aquarium Advice Activist
so i been doing some research.. because my packets are expired the thing is not working at all!!!! =( but i read the packets are very expensive and you can use baking soda and yeast to make ur own.. has anyone done this before what have you come up with ??

The baking soda is to buffer the water, so it will take longer for your bottle to crash (co2 lowers pH, but baking soda slows this process down). The ratios are online somewhere but it is yeast (preferably brewer's yeast, but baker's yeast will do) and sugar. Yeast eats sugar, creates alcohol and co2... or something like that.

The baking soda is to buffer the water, so it will take longer for your bottle to crash (co2 lowers pH, but baking soda slows this process down). The ratios are online somewhere but it is yeast (preferably brewer's yeast, but baker's yeast will do) and sugar. Yeast eats sugar, creates alcohol and co2... or something like that.

well i just ran to the grocery store and made my formula lol. hopefully by the time i wake up i will have bubbles climbing up the ladder. thank you for responding so quick!

Back
Top Bottom