Hardscape ideas...?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gnarlybr02k12

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Tomorrow my light fixture comes in the mail. (y)(y)
Which means I'm getting closer to setting up my 20L! What do you guys think would make some interesting hardscape items to use?

Also have you guys found any cheap alternatives because I'm not made out of money here hahaha

Thanks!

well 20 liters doesn't leave a lot of room but I'm a big fan of driftwood. If you live near a good source of water you can often find yourself some for free. All the DW in my tanks came from a local lake. Boiled and scrubbed it before using it and it's from the local water supply so I'm not worried about it being dangerous.

well 20 liters doesn't leave a lot of room but I'm a big fan of driftwood. If you live near a good source of water you can often find yourself some for free. All the DW in my tanks came from a local lake. Boiled and scrubbed it before using it and it's from the local water supply so I'm not worried about it being dangerous.

Yikes, I forgot to add the G for gallons. The tank is a 20g Long. I live near a river do you think I could find something useful there?

You should get some Malaysian DW. It's pretty dense and doesn't leech as much tanins as Mopani.. However, i still recommend boiling either one. Is attach some anubias and moss to it :)

Some yamaya stone would look nice too.

Back
Top Bottom