Harlequin Rasbora Breeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brunettebaby4571

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok so a few days or so ago I saw one of my rasboras laying upside down under a plant leaf and thought oh no its dying!! So I kept watching only to find out that it was a female and she was wiggling and the male was trying to wrap around her to get her to deposit her eggs!! This went on for several hours but I wasnt seeing any eggs. Finally one of the males got wrapped around her and she deposited about maybe 10 eggs but they went everywhere and didnt attach to the leaf. After that she stopped but she still looks like she has tons of eggs inside her but nothing is happening now. Is this normal? And now what?? I was reading that they are hard to breed only because of the care of the eggs. Will she eventually let out more eggs? And if so what do I do if she lays more eggs? I was so amazed and excited I woke my fiance up in the middle of the night to see (he was not as amazed or amused that I woke him up hehe) Oh and also I didnt notice the male(s) fertilizing the eggs that she did deposit...Are they supposed to or what? Also could I try putting the female and one of the males in a separate tank to try and get them to breed? The female seemed really anxious because she had 4-5 males chasing her around trying to get to her. I have tried reading as much as I could about their breeding but I still have all these questions...Sorry for this being so long!! Thank you so much!! :)

Back
Top Bottom