Having a bug problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

logansmomma1228

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I have a crappily ( i know it isnt a word lol) installed screen door from my porch to apt and it lets lots of bugs in. Well the bugs keep ending up in my tanks. Is there some makeshift cover I could do to keep them out? WIll they hurt anything ?

you could try hanging sticky fly paper over your tanks. or cover the gaps in the hood with some kind of mesh screen. I don't know if they will hurt it or not

Free fish food? In all honesty there are tons of bugs in the wild, I'm sure you'll be fine.

Your fish should love the bugs.

We have slugs in our terrarium. My fiance plucks them out and feeds them to our cichlids. They go nuts when they see him. They do that happy fish wag ;)

My fish just eat any bugs that get in. What type are you getting?

Well I have the dwarf puffer in my 10, and hopefully I will have my otos today as well.

For the 30 I am getting golden white clouds, cories, a keyhole (or b.ram maybe) and possibly some sparkling gouramis.

Thanks everyone :)

Don't worry about it. It is just free food as far as the fish are concerned. I feed mine ants every once in a while, my diamonds use to gobble those up so fast.

yup free food. However, if your mosquitos find an area of low flow, you might get some larvae. although I bet the fish would eat those too.

Back
Top Bottom