Hello everyone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kiamose

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello, I'd like to introduce myself, my family and my beautiful aquarium. My name is Jennie, I'm married with three young children, and now for the bit thats interesting, I have just inherited a 100 litre aquarium from a neighbour who had got bored of it after only eight months, (criminal I know, how could you be bored of something so beautiful). I have had them nearly a week and am very much a beginner, the move went very well as luckily the move was just around the corner. We kept everything very stress free, kept all the water but did do a 20% water change as it need it, he really had got bored, unfortunately I can't tell you everything in my tank as I was never told but I have plenty of live rock with the most beautiful invertebrates growing, like I said I don't know what there called but that's why I've joined to find out more about my wonderful new hobby, also I have 1 ocellaris clown, two juvenile percula clowns, one flame fire fish, one yellow tailed blue damsel, two hermit crabs, an illegal porcelain crab (the last owners never knew it was there, I spotted him in a day and a half,poor thing never loved), and a baby illegal snail that we found in the filter area two days ago who is doing brilliantly, must keep an eye on him for when he gets bigger and those naughty hermits. All my babies came with the tank and I've not brought anything to date and won't be for a very long time, though I have had to buy test kits and a protein skimmer as there never was any, yes I know poor babies, vertebrates and invertebrates, I really hope to learn a lot from all you experienced crew and look forward to all the advice and learning I will get from this site, so a big thank you in advance.

Regarding the filter system that I'll have to ask my husband but he's just popped out on his motor bike but will let you know soon as I know, regarding the test kits thank you, if I tell you the tests I have could you let me know what others I need please, I have the following, PH, Nitrite, Nitrate, Ammonia, SG, Phosphate, KH, GH, Calcuim, copper. I tested everything the day I got them and again yesterday and the kids love helping me and everything is fine except nitrate is 2 is that ok, and I have temperature aswell thank you for your quick hello and hello to you to.

Kiamose, sounds like marine to me, I wouldn't know where to start, but what a fantastic opportunity :)
Can't imagine anyone just giving it up like that !
Wish you well with your new-found hobby, and welcome to AA, there's loads of people here that will surely help.

Back
Top Bottom